So, the other day I was cleaning up the house, you know, bouncing from room to room putting things away in their proper spots, folding blankets, fluffing pillows, etc. We’ve all been there, especially if we have been away for a full day, and left the house unattended, or should I say attended only by a husband, a daughter and a granddaughter. Things tend to get a bit “messy”.
As I was flitting to and fro I decided I was going to discard the candle that was in the warmer and replace it with a new one. I turned it off…good thinking…but did not wait for it to cool so the wax could harden. Instead, I reached in and lifted it out, and while trying to place it on the bar to cool it slipped from my fingers. Uh-oh!!! “Wax on!”
The candle jar flipped over and poured hot wax all over the bar, the bar stools, and the floor. What a mess!! Now, I had to stand there and watch it harden so that I could clean it up! Plastic spatula in hand I began the very long and tedious process of scraping up the cooled wax. This worked pretty well for the bar and floor, but not the upholstered seats of the stools. That required an iron, an extension cord, an old towel and more patience than I had in the moment. After about 2 hours of the “wax off” part, I just gave up.
Lesson learned…just get over the house being a little “messy”. There are bigger worries than things out of place…or unfolded blankets…or candles that no longer make the house smell like flowers.
Worries like stiff and sore knees from scraping wax off a floor!