Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Happy 10 Year Anniversary

Just 10 years ago tomorrow, my honey and I renewed our vows at a beautiful ceremony at Hope Church in Illinois. All of our kids were there to share in the special day. We were just 6 months shy of our 25th wedding anniversary. It was a joyous moment, and it truly signified a new beginning. These last 10 years have been the best so far, and I wanted to say Thank You to my honey!!

In honor of that day, I have included below the vows that I wrote and said to my honey on December 23, 2000.

"I believe we were meant to be together. I believe that it's God's plan, so it has to be right. He has blessed us with four beautiful children, and they're the best gifts you could have ever given me...well...and the Barbra Streisand concert tickets!

I believe that we were meant to grow old together and share our grandchildren...and some day sit in our rocking chairs...on our porch at our house by the beach...holding hands...and knowing that we've found heaven.

I know this is right because God has answered my prayers and shown me the way back to you...and my heart is full again. I love you."


I love you, Lex and am so happy to have been blessed to marry you twice!!! XXOO

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful! My hubby and I are going to Scotland to renew our vows at a castle that has been in the family for centuries and our kids will get to be there too and the grandlittle. But this won't be until 2012, but we are really looking forward to it. Have a great holiday Patty.

    ReplyDelete