Monday, December 29, 2014

I am almost perfect...

As I slowly descend that hill I climbed so rapidly in my youth, I realize that this side of the hill can be quite comical.  I guess having a good attitude about aging helps.  After all, we really have no control over it, so why fight it!

There are several things I have gotten really good at as I age.  Most of them bring my children to a state of embarrassment, or if nothing else…doubled over in laughter.  Hopefully when they reach my age they will accept their children’s reactions as joyfully as I accept theirs!

Things I have perfected:
Brushing my teeth while squatting…really helps with lower back issues.

Holding on to or leaning on the wall while putting on my underwear and pants…really helps from falling over!

Buckling or unbuckling shoes/boots with my foot propped on the bed…can’t seem to twist and bend anymore!

Snoring, I have really perfected this!  My poor husband spends most nights on the floor or in the recliner in our room…geesh,  get over it, already!   LOL!

Getting up in the morning - a 3 part process - sit-up, stand-up, count to 3 before moving…really helps with the blood flow so that I can move!

Talking to myself including having a two-way conversation…my daughter gets a real kick out this!  I was actually having an argument with myself the other day which went something like this “Yes”…”No”… “ummm Yes”.  At least I got the answer I wanted!!
  
Turning up the TV…I think the remote does not work properly, because a “25” used to be perfect and now it’s more like a “30”!  Better yet try CLOSED CAPTION!!!  Love it!

Smiling and nodding when I haven’t a clue what you just said to me…I can’t help it if a) you don’t look at me when you talk to me and b) you talk like you have marbles in your mouth!!

Tooting, you know, without warning…oh, well, what more can I say???

Forgetting everything that anyone has told me…write it down when it’s said if it’s important!  The old hard drive ain't what it used to be!

Sharing and comparing with my friends the latest and greatest medications we are currently on…somehow these I don’t forget!!

Being more patient with my grandchild, and less patient with telemarketers and uninformed customer service representatives…’nuf said.

Talking more and more about how I should a) diet and b) exercise more…talking is good, right?

Walking slowly up and down steps…my knees don’t seem to bend as easily as a few years ago!

But, by far, the best thing I have perfected is:
Spending more time with a) my honey and b) my girlfriends…FINALLY now that the kids are grown it’s ME TIME!!!


Looking forward to what else I can perfect over the next couple of decades!!  Practice makes perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment