Saturday, February 27, 2010

Survival Kit for Life

One of my Minnesota Bible study friends...who was actually from Pennsylvania!...gave me the most clever gift one year for my birthday. I came across the "survival kit for life" list while looking for another list I kept..."crazy things I was asked while working in a church office"...didn't find that one...but will keep looking until I find it. It will make for a most comical blog!

So the "survival kit for life" is a list of items that you can easily carry in your purse...and the explanation as to why you may need them...and it goes like this...

Toothpick...To remind you to pick out the good qualities in others. MATTHEW 7:1

Rubber band...To remind you to be flexible, things may not always go your way, but they will work out. ROMANS 8:28

Band-Aid...To remind you to heal hurt feelings, yours or someone else's. COLOSSIANS 3:12-14

Pencil...To remind you to list your blessings every day. EPHESIANS 1:3

Eraser...To remind you that everyone makes mistakes and that it's okay. GENESIS 50:15-21

Gum...To remind you to stick with it, and you can accomplish anything with God. PHILIPPIANS 4:1

Mint...To remind you that you are worth a mint. JOHN 3:16

Hug and Kiss (Hershey's candies)...To remind you that everyone needs a hug and kiss every day. 1 JOHN 4:7

Teabag...To remind you to relax daily and to go over that list of blessings.
1 THESSALONIANS 5:18

Thanks, Sal, for giving this list to me! I hope that all of you find it to be valuable!

No comments:

Post a Comment