I learned a long time ago that with age comes many wonderful benefits. Let me list a few...
* adult children
* a bucketful of friends
* knowing "who" you are...and being comfortable with that!
But there are also some "not so wonderful" aspects to getting older. Let me list a few more...
* achy joints...you know when you get out of bed in the morning in stages (and very slowly)
* hair in places it should not be
* saggy (baggy)skin
* weird toenails
* hot flashes
* loss of memory
* loss of hearing
* loss of sight...you know, when you can no longer read the fine print unless you take OFF your glasses...hold it as close to your face as possible...under the brightest of lights!
Those of us that wear glasses have all read something in that way! Those of you that do not wear glasses normally...or at least "claim" that you only need them to read...have it a little harder because first you have to find your glasses then go through all the stages above!
A dear friend of mine, and her husband, wear their glasses just to read. You can be in their home at any time and find several pairs of glasses in each room...on the end tables...dining table...kitchen counter...and bathroom sink..even tucked away in drawers. Outside you can find them on the picnic table...in their cars...in the barn...and on the porch.
My friend even keeps a pair at my house in case she can't find hers when in need.
So...the other night we had just left a restaurant after having dinner with our friends. The guys were in the front seats while my friend and I were in the back. Why does that always happen????
My friend was digging in her purse for something...I don't even remember what now. While digging she found her cell phone...which she never has with her nor knows where it is. And of course when she finds it the battery is dead!
But also in her purse she finds one...no two...no three...wait, four...ummmmm five...six...oh my, seven pairs of glasses and two pairs of sunglasses!!!! She said every time she leaves home she throws a pair in her purse in case she does not have a pair in there. LOL!!!!!
I think this is where the * loss of memory comes in!
And...how about this one for those of you that always wear glasses...
* isn't it the strangest thing that you have to make sure you have your glasses on to hear something???