Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Heaven and Hell Weekend

We are fast approaching what my daughter refers to as "Heaven and Hell Weekend.

October 31st is sweet grandlittle bird, Cailyn's third birthday! Wow, it is hard to believe that she is going to be three already. She is such a bright and beautiful part of our lives...a little bit of "heaven on earth."

Then November 1st marks the one year anniversary of our precious grandlittle bird, Carter's last day with us. Again, it is hard to believe that 12 months have passed. These days approaching have been difficult, emotional and very much "hell-like". I know my pain...I can not begin to know my daughter or Chris' pain.

Heaven and Hell Weekend...a roller coaster ride I am not wanting to take. But, I will have to none the less. I pray God grants me the strength to sit between Carrie and Chris...holding their hands as we rise to the top of that ride and then drop quickly to the bottom....

but...only to rise again. HE will bring us through this, of that I am certain.

I miss you sweet Carter. Every day...every minute...every second.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I understand how you and your family must feel.
    We lost our sweet boy 17 years ago and it isn't always easy when certain dates come around. Especially when they are around holiday time, and you are supposed to put on a happy face. Just know that you are not alone and that the dips in the roller-coaster ride lessen a little as time goes by. My condolences for the loss of your grandlittle. Please take care. Cathy.

    ReplyDelete