Saturday, June 13, 2009

Grandy's heart is filled with joy!


There are not enough words to describe being a grandparent. I have said this before...it is all about experiencing the joys of parenthood without the day to day pressures of raising a child. It is...as my friend Joyce said...the closest thing to heaven on earth.

Baby Carter Alexander came into this world on June 10...much to Auntie Leigh's dismay who was not so fond of "sharing" her birthday! A beautiful baby boy...truly God's miracle...perfect in every way...innocent...sweet...an angel. Sister Cailyn is not so sure about sharing time with Mom right now...but we are hopeful that it will get better as time goes on.

I have been so blessed by being present for both of their births. I just cry thinking about it. I don't think it is anything that I could tire of...and I hope that I have more opportunities to see the birth of future grandchildren. Thank you, my sweet Carrie, for letting me experience such pure joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment